News


Pet of the Month May 2014

by on April 30th, 2014

Category: Pet of the Month, Tags:

CocoHandsome Bruno is seen here recovering from the use of an emetic (a drug to make him sick) following his ingestion of a large quantity of chocolate. Thankfully prompt action by his owner and veterinary staff led to a positive outcome but this incident acts as a salient reminder that there are many things at home and in the garden that may seem harmless to you and I but can be toxic to our pets. ┬áDid you know that grapes, raisins, currants and sultanas can cause renal failure in dogs, and lilies can cause renal failure in cats. And don’t forget that certain garden products such as slug bait can be fatal on ingestion.

No Comments »

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply